Week 12 Story: The Gummybear

Momma Gummy Bear told her kids that she would be home soon. She was taking a trip sugar store for some food. She locked the door as always and started down the road. All the sudden Hard Candy Bear attacked Momma Gummy Bear. Hard Candy Bear was hungry and devoured her piece by piece until she was gone. Hard Gummy Bear walked back to the house to try to eat her kids. 


There was a knock at the door. The kids looked at each other in confusion. Momma Gummy bear told them not to answer the door for anyone until she was gone. They yelled out "Who is it?" 

"It's me! Momma! I need to grab something real quick and my hands are full" said Hard Gummy Bear in his highest voice. The kids looked at each other and immediately knew that it was not their mom and they were in trouble. "Oh nevermind! I'll open the door if you guys won't".

Hard Candy Bear had knocked the door clean open. He made the kids take care of him while he was impersonating their mom. That next day Hard Candy Bear wanted to run around Candyland, the city, and come back to the house later to eat the kid Gummy Bears. 

The kids were distraught that something had happened to their mom. They devised plans to get rid of the Hard Candy Bear. Tommy, the oldest, got a bucket of water in a pail from the stream and put it on the stove. The two younger kids got bricks from outside and put it above the door. 

When Hard Candy Bear came back, he walked through the front door. Immediately, the bricks fell on him and chipped his head and body as he was made of hard candy. He yelled at the kids and demanded they run him some food so they could make him feel better. Tommy poured the hot water in a bowl for him and served it. The hot water immediately started to disintegrate the insides of the Hard Candy Bear. The kids defeated the evil hard bear. The End. 

Author's Note:

I read the story "The Panther" from Week 9. This story originally reminded me of the Christmas Movie "Home Alone" because of all of the painful sabotages left for the Panther. I wrote this story while eating gummy bears and I thought it would be funny if there was an "imposter" gummy bear. 

Bibliography:

 The Chinese Fairy Book, ed. by R. Wilhelm and translated by Frederick H. Martens (1921)

Comments


  1. Hi Jessica!
    I also read the story The Panther from the Chinese fairy tale option for this class. I read the Brothers Grimm Red Riding Hood story a long time ago, and this story reminded me of that. I like how you changed the characters into candy! That was a really good idea. And it gave everything a level of humor that it would not have otherwise had. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica, great story! I love that you made the characters gummy bears—that was so creative and it made the story much more lighthearted. I used to love stories where everything was made out of candy when I was little. I like that you were inspired by Home Alone too, because the pranks added an element of humor too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a my Simple Life

Week 3 Story: The Rejection