Reading Notes: Aesop's Fables: Foxes, Part A

 I like how all of these stories rhyme as they are formatted in a poem. It's very creative and I don't think I could personally do it. In the first story the fox which in normal stories is the trickster is outwitted by another animal. This was a nice twist on a traditional story than what I have read for this class previously. The last story, however, brings it back home where the fox is a trickster to a goat. Goats are traditionally viewed as a very intelligent animal so this was a bit surprising, but still within character. 

I noticed with some rhyming patterns that they were the same from each stanza which is impressive. 






Bibliography: The Fables of Phaedrus, translated by Christopher Smart (1887).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a my Simple Life

Week 3 Story: The Rejection