Reading Notes: Twenty-Two Goblins, Part B

 So I don't know how I didn't notice this before, but the stories all start with a goblin telling the King a story. I kinda feel dumb because I'm assuming that's why it's called Twenty-Two Goblins. There is a different goblin with a new story every time. 

The daughter in the story linked down below was in love with the thief. I guess you can say the thief stole her heart. haha anyways. Everyone wanted the daughter. There were a lot of suitors asking for her hand in marriage, but she saw something in the thief which is kinda sweet.The thief stole a lot from the King and the King couldn't let him go unpunished.  Once the thief was executed and brought back to life because the daughter was so good, he was promoted to general and the thief was reformed. Maybe people can change, but who knows. 

Illustration by Perham W. Nahl (1917)


Bibliography: Arthur W. Ryder, The Girl and the Thief, http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/06/goblins-girl-and-thief.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a my Simple Life

Week 3 Story: The Rejection