Reading Notes: Twenty-Two Goblins, Part A

 The ending is what really caught my attention when choosing a story to do notes on. At first I was confused at:"When the goblin heard this, he escaped by magic from the king's shoulder and disappeared. And the king followed him as before. Discouragement never enters the brave heart of a resolute man." and the context of this paragraph in the story. The King was sure in his decision of who his daughter should marry in that moment. I always struggled with doubting my decisions and if I truly made the right choice. 


I thought it was intersting how the King gave his daughter to the Swordsman. He mentioned he had manhood with his science and it's almost crazy to think of how marriages are set up in some cultures. 



Bibliography: Arthur W Ryder, The Four Scientific Suitors,  http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/06/goblins-four-scientific-suitors.html

(illustrations by Perham W. Nahl (1917)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a my Simple Life

Week 3 Story: The Rejection