Topic Brainstorm

I would potentially like to retell King Arthur and some members of his round table. Each section it could be retold in a different character's perspective which could be interesting into diving in on how they felt. Growing up, I was captivated by knights and shining armors. I feel like doing research over this topic will feel nostalgic and interesting. Not to mention that  King Arthur and Excalibur is a pretty well known story. I think it could be fun trying to turn it modern and maybe doing a twist of it in school. I also think it could be fun retelling King Arthur as a girl. Link. 

Another topic I would like to explore is Fairytale Villains. Villains are always the antagonists, but I think it could be fun to retell a story or two as them as the protagonist. The stories that they are told in are always black and white. If life has taught me anything is that it is never just black and white and that it is a whole rainbow. Giving humanizing qualities and justifying their perspective could be fun and challenging. My favorite fairytale and disney movies are Rapunzel and Snow White. I would also like to read some more Grimm Tales and could see myself doing a retelling of one of their iconic stories. Link.

The third topic I was interested into exploring was the Changelings. I have experienced someone close to me try to reconnect and discover her real parents. I think it would be interesting to write a story about a changeling trying to discover who she is when she is older and realizes she is not human. I think there is a lot of room and possibilities to write about. One of the beginning sections could be dedicated to the fairy parents and their reasoning behind switching the babies. Link.

The last topic I chose was Japanese Ghost Stories. I absolutely love ghost stories. Although I enjoy them, I have been very limited to stories in westernized movies. So, this being a topic on Japanese ghost stories specifically, it really drew my interest as I really would like to know and appreciate how other cultures tell their ghost stories. I read a couple and a few that have captured my interest is: Link, Link, and Link. The only problem I have with this topic is that I don't have an idea screaming at me about how I would retell a story, but who doesn't love a challenge?


(Evening Story and a Cup of Coffee from Pixahive)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a my Simple Life

Week 3 Story: The Rejection