Storybook Favorites



Hades' Iliad

(Kerstiaen de Keuninck, The Fire of Troy: Wikipedia Commons)

        I chose this story as it had a very different perspective of Hades. Typically, Hades is casted in a negative light. I thought it was interested that he was humanized in a way. I was mildly confused through the other viewpoints in the other parts of this story, however, it was still interesting. Everything was pretty detailed and had lots of good imagery.The art used throughout this post was represented of the feelings each perspective had in a way. It was a pretty creative story about people I had already formed preconceived notions on. 

Queen of the Underworld


(Persephone by Marta Dahlig from Deviant Art. )

        I chose this story because it had an interesting title. It had beautiful artwork. Usually when someone says ruler of the underworld I think of Hades, however, the title mentioned it was a queen. Of course Persephone and Hades are two figure heads in mythology. Hades is King of the Underworld so after reading the introduction it made sense the direction that this was going to go in. I wasn't too familiar with some of the stories told, but the author's note was very useful. The links that were attached gave a lot of insight on the inspiration the author used. I really liked the pictures that were used, however, I think the site layout was a bit awkward. I'm gonna use this as an example and try to learn from it. 


THE UN-TOLD STORIES OF SPONGEBOB

(Spongebob version of a dumpster from Fandom .)

        I chose this story in particular because it was spongebob themed. I used to watching this TV show growing up and I still watch random episodes with my friends. The introduction is clear that is in the viewpoint of Spongebob. Even if you haven't watched Spongebob, the author still put a synopsis of the basic storyline to make sure you weren't lost. The design of this blog was quite interesting. It used youtube videos to set the mood; The clips were comical and I think this is the blog I enjoyed the most. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a my Simple Life

Week 3 Story: The Rejection