Feedback Thoughts

For the two articles, I chose "Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head" and "A fixed mindset could be holding you back — here's how to change it". Earlier today, I was actually talking to my friends about Imposter Syndrome. We all felt like in one way or another we didn't believe that we belonged where we currently stood whether it be in school or personal relationships. We were talking about this upcoming semester and our impending futures after college. I think the stress of this semester, even though it just started, as already taken a toll on us. I found that these articles were exactly what I needed to hear today. I think it's kinda funny how that works sometimes. 

I think things I need to improve on that were highlighted in these articles were: to stop magnifying my mistakes and to look at the positives, and to change how I think. They are really small changes when you talk about them. However, I feel like my current routine in how I process things may prove it challenging. 

With implementing this with feedback, I think the best feedback I received was when people praised me for what I actually did right. It helped me gain the confidence and hone my skills. By those repetitive instances where they complimented the things I was good at, they inadvertently told me what I was not good at. I would instead put my energy in those things I didn't do "good" in and improved. I do think hearing you're not good at something can be harsh at time. If the reviewer makes it very constructive, it can make you a more overall round person. 

(Feedback rating from Lucidchart)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a my Simple Life

Week 3 Story: The Rejection